|Creator:||Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation.|
|Title:||Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation house survey|
|Quantity:||5.6 Linear feet (8 document boxes, 3 neg boxes)|
The Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation House Survey was conducted in 1967 in order to provide a convenient source of written, and photographic information on structures built in Athens, Georgia before 1900. The results of this work were placed on permanent deposit in the University of Georgia Libraries Special Collections Department in 1967 by Dr. Kenneth Coleman, chairman of the survey.
This collection consists of nine Hollinger boxes of data sheets, snapshots, and negatives on close to 800 buildings in Athens. Although emphasis is on houses, other structures are included as well, such as churches, downtown businesses, and buildings on the University of Georgia campus. As a general rule the data sheets with accompanying photographs have been organized alphabetically by street address. Buildings on the University campus are listed under "Georgia. University" and those of the Navy School under "Navy Supply Corps School". Negatives for all the photographs are located in the last box of the collection and have been arranged by numbers found on the data sheets.
Arranged in alphabetical order by street address.
Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation house survey, 1967. MS 88. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.