|Title:||Chatham County, Georgia, collection|
|Quantity:||0.1 Linear feet (1 oversized folder B; MS 3333 to MS 3336 housed together in 1 half box)|
"Chatham County is the northernmost of Georgia's six coastal counties. Named for William Pitt the Elder, earl of Chatham, it was formed out of Christ Church Parish and St. Phillip Parish in 1777. It is the fifth oldest county in Georgia and is the home of Savannah, which serves as the county seat." -- "Chatham County." New Georgia Encyclopedia. http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-2309&sug=y (Retrieved December 11, 2009)
The collection consists chiefly of deeds and surveyor's plats from Chatham County. Also included are miscellaneous other items such as a letter, school notes, an assignment of bankruptcy, and a lease agreement. In addition to the Chatham County material are two receipts from Rome, Georgia, for excise tax on leather.
Arranged by record type.
Chatham County, Georgia, collection. MS 3336. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.