|Title:||Hawes family collection of Elbert County land grants|
|Quantity:||1.0 Linear feet (1 flat box)|
|Abstract:||Collection consists of three land grants for Elbert County, including one for William Ward and two for Moses Fleming, spanning the late 18th and early 19th centuries. One land grant is missing a seal.|
Elbert County is located in the Northeastern part of Georgia bordering South Carolina. Elbert County was established in 1790 and is composed of approximately 375 square miles. The county seat and largest city is Elberton, which is known as the Granite Capital of the world.
Hawes family collection of Elbert County land grants, MS 3300. Hargrett Rare Books and Manuscripts Library, University of Georgia Libraries.