Folger collection of scrapbooks

Folger collection of scrapbooks

Descriptive Summary

Repository: Hargrett Manuscripts
Title: Folger collection of scrapbooks
Dates: 1863-1960
Quantity: 2.8 Linear feet (1 document box, 2 oversized boxes)
Coll. Number: ms3248

Biographical/Historical Note


Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings from various areas of the United States. Areas covered are New York, Washington, DC, Richmond, Virginia, Baltimore, Maryland, Atlanta and Athens, Georgia. Also included are early clippings, sections, and some complete issues of smaller newspapers such as the Bogart (Ga.) News, The Oconee Enterprise (Watkinsville, Ga.), The Star (Sea Island, Ga.), The Red and White (Athens High School, Athens, Ga.), and the Stormy Petrel (Oglethorpe University, Atlanta, Ga.).


Arranged by record type.

Index Terms

American newspapers--Georgia--Athens.
American newspapers--Georgia--Atlanta.
American newspapers--Georgia--Sea Island.
American newspapers--Georgia--Watkinsville.
American newspapers--Maryland--Baltimore.
American newspapers--New York.
American newspapers--Virginia--Richmond.
American newspapers--Washington D.C.
Athens High School (Athens, Ga.).
Bogart news.
Clippings (information artifacts)
Oconee enterprise.
Oglethorpe University (Atlanta, Ga.).
Red and white.
Star (St. Simons Island and Sea Island, Ga.)
Stormy petrel.
Student newspapers and periodicals--Georgia--Athens.
Student newspapers and periodicals--Georgia--Atlanta.
Student publications--Georgia--Athens.
Student publications--Georgia--Atlanta.

Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

Folger collection of scrapbooks. MS 3248. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.

Series Descriptions and Folder Listing

11History in the Making
2Ledger, 1893
3Ledger, 1895
4Removed from Stylus and Indecatur
5Loose Items
6The Mentor
7Lawrence County in Pictures, 1937
21Scrapbook 1
2Scrapbook 2
31Spring Holidays, 1960
3-4Facsimiles of a Newspaper Article, June 5, 1960