|Creator:||Braddy, J. W.|
|Creator:||Farmers' Alliance (Ga.).|
|Creator:||Shealy, S. M.|
|Title:||Georgia Farmers' Alliance papers|
|Quantity:||0.02 Linear feet (1 folder; MS 3221 to MS 3230 housed together in 1 half box)|
The Farmers' Alliance began in the 1880s with the purpose of teaching farmers the latest agricultural techniques and protecting them against exploitation by banks and railroads. Around 1891 the Alliance emerged as a political organization known as the People's Party or Populist Party.
The collection consists of a bulletin and receipts. The Working Bulletin lists the bylaws for the organization of county alliances and includes such items as membership, fees, elections, officers, and especially the secret nature of the Alliance. The printed name on the bulletin is R. H. Jackson, President State Alliance, Franklin, Georgia. The receipts are for collections from Wilson Shealy, Treasurer of Cedar Alliance and are signed by secretaries J. W. Braddy and S. M. Shealy.
Georgia Farmers' Alliance papers. MS 3225. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.