|Title:||Hugh Leslie Hodgson collection|
|Quantity:||3.4 Linear feet (1 flat box, 2 oversized boxes)|
Hugh Leslie Hodgson (1893-1969) was the son of John Marchall and Isabella Turner Hodgson of Athens, Georgia, and married Katherine Blake of Texas in 1916. Hodgson studied piano four years with Madame Varette Ter Stepanoff in Berlin, organ & composition under Rubin and Carl Goldmark, N.Y., and was a graduate of the University of Georgia. He was director of St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Atlanta 1928-69, director of music at the Lucy Cobb Institute, and professor of music and head of the Department of Music at the University of Georgia, 1928-1960.
The collection consists of five scrapbooks and a few loose items. The scrapbooks contain programs, clippings, information on Hodgson's career, photos, and family information. The loose items include a practice notebook from Berlin, a couple of magazine covers, and some programs.
Arranged by record type.
Hugh Leslie Hodgson collection. MS 2957. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.
Related materials available in the followign collections of this repository: Hugh Hodgson collection, 1926-1972.