Chickamauga Park, Georgia, stereoptic view

Chickamauga Park, Georgia, stereoptic view

Descriptive Summary

Repository: Hargrett Manuscripts
Creator: Keystone View Company.
Creator: Singley, B. L., (Benjamin Lloyd)
Title: Chickamauga Park, Georgia, stereoptic view
Dates: 1898
Quantity: 0.019 Linear feet (1 folder; MS 2665-2667, 2669, 2670, 2675-2677, 2680, 2681, and 2685-2695 housed together in 1 document box)
Coll. Number: ms2688(m)

Biographical/Historical Note

"The Keystone View Company of Meadville, Pa., was the world's largest producer of stereographs and was in business from 1892 to 1970 on a limited basis. The company was founded by Benneville Lloyd Singley (1864-1938) who photographed many of the views sold by Keystone." -- "The 3-D Exhibit." Donald C. and Elizabeth M. Dickinson Research Center. http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/research/r_virt_mm5.html (Retrieved July 16, 2009)

"The Chickamauga Battlefield, established in 1890, is located just north of the City of Chickamauga, and is a part of the Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park, the first and largest in the country." -- "A Short History of Chickamauga." Historic Chickimauga, Georgia. http://www.cityofchickamaugageorgia.org/history.htm (Retrieved July 17, 2009)


Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of one stereoptic view, copyright 1898 by B.L. Singley and manufactured and published by Keystone View Company, depicting men unloading war supplies from a train at Chickamauga Park, Georgia.


Index Terms

Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.)--Photographs.
Military supplies--Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.)--Photographs.
Photographs.
Railroad trains--Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.)--Photographs.

Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

Chickamauga Park, Georgia, stereoptic view, 1898. MS 2688. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.


Series Descriptions and Folder Listing

 
Box
1Stereoptic, 1898