|Creator:||Jefferson County (Ga.). Board of Education.|
|Title:||Jefferson County school records|
|Quantity:||1.2 Linear feet (3 document boxes)|
|Abstract:||The collection consists of three boxes of Jefferson County school records including, annual reports, teacher's reports, correspondence, teachers' contracts, school roll registers, vouchers, and teachers' licenses.|
Jefferson County, in east central Georgia southwest of Augusta, was established in 1796 on land formerly a part of Burke and Warren counties. It was named after U.S. president Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence and the first U.S. secretary of state.
Arranged in chronological order.
Jefferson County school records, MS 219. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.
Very little re-arranging has been done to these papers. They have been counted and mended, and placed in acid-free folders, and the correspondence has been put in chronological order. Otherwise, they remain in essentially the same categories as when they were deposited.