|Title:||Athens, Georgia artifacts|
|Quantity:||1.0 Linear Foot (1 box)|
The collection consists of ephemera and memorabilia related to Athens, Georgia. The collection includes: an acorn from the Spanish Oak at the Botanical Garden, developed by University of Georgia professor Mathus Ward near Finley Street in Athens; gavel made from baluster of the Crawford W. Long House, Waddell Street, in Athens; badge celebrating the 47th Annual Session of the Georgia Grand Lodge, Knights of Pythias meeting in Athens 17-18 May 1916; green glass grape from lamp in the Costa building; wooden shingle from the roof of the present Garden Club of Georgia Headquarters, formerly Phi Mu House and home of Mary Lyndon, first dean of women at the University of Georgia.
Athens, Georgia artifacts, ms 1059. Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.