|Repository:||University of Georgia Archives|
|Creator:||Joseph Henry Lumpkin Foundation.|
|Title:||Joseph Henry Lumpkin Foundation records|
|Quantity:||3.0 Linear feet (3 boxes)|
The Joseph Henry Lumpkin Foundation was chartered in 1975 with its initial efforts endorsed by the Georgia State Bar Association as a Bicentennial Project. The Foundation's goal was to ensure the preservation of the Lumpkin House as a memorial to Joseph Henry Lumpkin and to encourage financial support for the enrichment of the UGA Law School's academic program through activities such as student scholarships and seminars.
The majority of this collection relates to the renovation of the house built by Joseph Henry Lumpkin, founder of the University of Georgia's School of Law in 1843. The Lumpkin Foundation records hold a wealth of information relating to that organization's efforts and include a history of Judge Lumpkin.
The collection is arranged according to subject.
Joseph Henry Lumpkin Foundation records, UA08-039, University Archives, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.