|Repository:||University of Georgia Archives|
|Creator:||University of Georgia. Dept. of Landscape Architecture.|
|Title:||Campus Landscaping plans|
|Quantity:||1.0 map folder|
The famous Arch is located on historic North Campus. Centuries-old buildings including the Chapel, Old College, New College, the Law School and the Main Library, are nestled among majestic oaks on the original campus quadrangle. The Tate Student Center, the UGA Bookstore, and the heralded Sanford Stadium are located in the heart of campus. The South Campus area of the university is home to a variety of departments, mostly scientific and mathematical in nature. The two exceptions are Aderhold Hall, which houses the College of Education, and Tucker Hall, home to the School of Social Work. South Campus includes Science Row, which is home to a number of science classes; Conner Hall, home to the College of Agriculture and Environmental Science; and Boyd Graduate Research Center, home to the departments of mathematics and computer science and to the Graduate School Admissions Office. Two of UGA's professional schools, the College of Pharmacy and the College of Veterinary Medicine, are also located there. South Campus is also home to several athletic facilities, including Stegeman Coliseum and the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall, home of the Athletic Association and a sports museum.
The collection consists of several plans for the University of Georgia campus including: Plans for Suggested Walks and Boxwood Plantings, North Quad, Old Campus, 1942 by Hubert B. Owens; Old College Landscaping, 1943 by the Dept. of Landscape Architecture; Moore College, Meigs Hall, Harris Terraces, 1945 by the Dept. of Landscape Architecture; Old College Plaza and Walt to Jackson Street, 1946 by Edwin R. Kenny; Old College Plaza, 1947 by the Dept. of Landscape Architecture; Forecourt Plans for Pharmacy Building (New College), 1947 by Edwin R. Kenny; Herty Drive Gates at Broad Street Landscaping, undated, by Hubert B. Owens; Georgia Center for Continuing Education, 1956, plan annotated by Athens nurseryowner Charles Rowland III. Also included is Campus Map (General Plan, North and South Campuses), 1947 by B.C. Kinney.
Campus Landscaping plans, UA06-016, University Archives, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.