|Repository:||University of Georgia Archives|
|Creator:||Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication.|
|Title:||Henry W. Grady School of Journalism annual reports|
|Quantity:||1.5 Linear feet (2 boxes)|
The Grady College is one of the oldest and most distinguished communication programs in the country. The three departments, journalism, advertising and public relations, and telecommunications, are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. Henry W. Grady, the "Voice of the New South," was born in Athens, Georgia on May 24, 1850 and died in Atlanta, Georgia on December 23, 1889. Shortly after his move to Atlanta, Mr. Grady formed a partnership with Col. Robert Alliston in the founding of the Atlanta Herald newspaper. After the Atlanta Herald folded, Henry Grady accepted a position on the editorial staff of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. It was the combination of Henry W. Grady's alumni status, his editorial position and his Athens birth, which motivated the renaming of the Journalism school at the University of Georgia.
Annual reports generated by the Henry W. Grady School during the years 1940 through 1992 along with Honors Program Annual Reports for 1968 through 1986. Additional copies of many of the annual reports can be found in University Archives collections UA 97-105 and UA 97-86-086 and in Ga Room LXC141 .A3.
Arranged in chronological order.
Henry W. Grady School of Journalism annual reports, UA05-054, University Archives, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.
Related collections in this repository: John E. Drewry papers